Welcome to MYST Report. Myst is a place to share, discuss and raise awareness about crime and safety-related activity in your community. Our goal at MYST Report is to help you stay safe by providing instant notifications and broadcasts of reported criminal activity and incidents. To that end, we constantly strive to provide users with tools that enhance their safety and help them avoid unsafe situations.
We believe that when communities work together, we create safer places for everyone.
Have something to share? Here is what you should report. Please follow the subsequent guidelines:
• Criminal Activity: Criminal activity involving, theft, damage, illegal entry, or violence, and other. You will be given with several option in the “type of crime” selection dropdown.
• Incidents: Unexpected incidents or unusual behavior of individuals that is cause for concern. These may include: Car accidents, natural disasters, heavy traffic, altercation or violence, fire, among others. You will be given with several option in the “Incident Type” selection dropdown.
• Community Safety: Discussion of potentially dangerous incidents or activity.
Please make sure to follow these guidelines:
• Help your community stay safe. Myst Report is a place to post about local crime, incidents and safety information that may impact your community. Avoid discussing personal issues, making commercial solicitations, or any topics that are not crime or safety related.
• Be detailed. Be sure to provide enough information to allow your Myst Report to understand the incident. Provide unique details like clothing. Avoid relying on vague physical characteristics that are shared by many people. Clearly identify who, what, when, where, how, and if applicable, your reasons for suspicion.
• Be respectful and neighborly. Do not engage in personal attacks or use crude, inappropriate or insulting language. Harassment and bullying are strictly prohibited.
• Never engage in hate speech, racial profiling or other forms of prejudice. Personal attributes like race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, sex, gender, age, disability, socioeconomic and veteran status, should never be factors when posting about an unknown person. This also means not referring to a person you are
describing solely by their race or calling attention to other personal attributes not relevant to the matter being reported.
• Do not promote or encourage violence or vigilantism. This includes encouraging people to confront suspects, use force against others, or other dangerous behavior.
• Do not show disturbing content that is likely to cause others distress. If you're unsure, consider adding a warning to your post.
• Respect the privacy of others. Do not post personally identifying information, like phone numbers or full names. Do not upload photos, audio or video of individuals or activities where a reasonable person would expect privacy. For example, someone recorded in a bathroom.
• Do not post content that contains personal information of a child under the age of 13. This includes, but is not limited to: full names, addresses, photos and/or videos that clearly contain a child's image or voice.